Wet floors are hazardous and even a small leak can cause floor damage and be annoying to clean up. Many washing machine leaks are common to all models and can be found by a novice. A close inspection of your washing machine can help you find the leak. If you cannot find the leak the problem is more likely internal, mechanical part failure, you will need our expertise to diagnosis and repair.
We suggest this 6-step diagnosis process:
- Turn the washing machine off and unplug it. This will prevent you from getting a shock while you are looking for the leak.
- Inspect the seal around the door of a front load machine. Leaks can manifest from cracks or holes in the seal.
- Examine the fill hoses and be sure they are secured properly, loose connections can leak. Hoses that are cracked, kinked or crushed can develop leaks. Many manufacturers suggest that fill hoses need to be replaced every five years.
- Look over the gasket or seal inside the hose, between the tap and hose, if you’ve completed step three and the tap is still leaking. If the seal is worn it may cause a leak.
- Check the strainer or valve screen inside the hose connection of the fill hose for clogs. Not all machines have strainers in their hoses.
- Inspect the drain hose for clogs, cracks or leaks and be sure it is attached to the drain facility correctly.
For other related questions about Washer and Dryer Repair and Maintenance in Los Angeles
Please visit our Washer & Dryer Repair Frequently Asked Questions Page →.
Washer & Dryer Brands We Repair:
West LA Washer and Dryer Repair Service: Service Areas
Mid-City to Downtown
South Beaches & LAX
Need more specific location information?
Here are is a list of just some of the Zip Codes West LA Washer and Dryer Repair Service provides service to in Los Angeles:
90039 90028 90029 90038 90068 90003 90045 90012 90056 90027 90049 90019 90046 90404 90405 90025 90272 90034 90293 90026 90077 90291 90016 90048 90025 90024 90010 90265 90266 90292 90210 91402 90293 90094 90211 90211 90212 90049 90067 90064 90019 90275 90717 90732 90230 90232 90013 90014 90015 90007 90021 90041 90245 90027 90254 90401 90402 90403